Vision Begets Careers


Careers are a big part of our lives. We spend a majority of our time on Earth working in our professions, whether temporary or permanent. Regardless of whom we are and what we do, we should all have one common denominator when it comes to our careers… vision.

Vision is important because we must have direction in life. We can get by on the ‘go with the flow’ mindset for some time, but at some point we find that this theory will crash and burn, as there’s no clear route.

There are many stages in life that prepare us for progression, and careers are one of them. In order to progress it means that we must become better at something. We must take time out from our busy schedules in order to master or strongly craft a particular area.  

The route for most of us is to start off in education, where we acquire the theoretical knowledge. This then moves to a more practical, real time experience route such as work experience etc to further fine tune and acquire new skills. Both come together and are used to step into our careers and potentially start forming our vision in reality.
But at the same time we understand that for others, it doesn’t always work that way.

This doesn't mean that at whatever stage of life we are at, we cannot still have a vision or dream. Better yet, we must tap into keeping our dream alive in order for our dream to come to pass. You don’t have to be too literal as things always change but there must be an end goal in sight.

Take me for instance, in every job I have had, I have had stepping-stones. These are markers where I have move from one thing to another in order to get to where I need to go.
For example my first job was within retail. I’m a writer so I never planned to stay in retail forever but retail was a good start towards my career as it became an area in work that I gained good useful experience. I then ended up in broadcast media through a scholarship I did, which provided me with a job at the end. This allowed me to get my foot in the door of broadcasting, which now I have at least 5 year’s experience in television content services.

Technically I have had two very different careers, however as mentioned above writing is what I truly want to pursue. Even though I studied journalism and have work experience in journalism and media, writing was never always a part of my job.

My vision caused me to want to change professions again and follow my dreams of becoming a writer, which I must say I didn’t give up on, which too is an important part in this vision walk.
I have now stopped working in television quality control and I am about to jump back onto my vision and embrace a MA Creative Writing course.

Dependent upon your life situation, this may not be an option for everyone. We must do what we can do within our own means. By having a vision it always takes us back to the place where we are supposed to be.

We must make sure that our visions are true to ourselves. We cannot take another’s dream and make it our own. We must bring life to our own dreams and visions.

Step by step guides, talking to others, just putting yourself out there is a good start. Be encouraged to have a vision for your career. Life’s situations and circumstances change our lives and can sometimes change our dreams; however you must attempt to pursue them.


When we are in a career we do not particularly enjoy, we will only ever do what is required but the passion to pursue is not always there, but this doesn’t mean that it is the end.

We must not be afraid to go back to our drawing boards and see something new. We must address any rejection, discouragement and deflation. We must find what we are good at and pursue it.

Don’t be afraid to start again. Life begets life.

  
By: Stacey Spencer - BFM Writer

(Edited by Faith Dore)

Identify. Embrace and Uphold Your True Beauty

Beautiful Faces Ministries

Join us on Facebook at:

Or if you prefer, you can join us on Twitter at:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"You Are NOT Forgotten"

"BFM Book Review: Pink Lips & Empty Hearts by Heather Lindsey"